Polaris F9550 Sport Robotic
|Polaris F9550 Sport Robotic In-Ground Pool Cleaner
|Robotic Pool Cleaner
|4 wheel drive, active motion sensor, hand held remote, Vortex vacuum technology, 7-day programmable cycle
Disclaimer: This site is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and as an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
The Polaris F9550 Sport Robotic In-Ground Pool Cleaner is a unique robotic pool cleaner with special qualities. The F9550 is well-engineered to provide you with a perfect pool cleaning experience. Its four-wheel driveability is a unique technology that allows it to clean any kind of pools. The Polaris pool cleaner has an active motion sensor for improved navigation even when cleaning large pools.
The cleaner can easily clean away dirt and stains through its tough rotating brushes, and up to date vacuum technology that allows it to maintain maximum suction even when dealing with large debris.
It also has an active propulsion system that allows it to reach dirt in hidden areas, and corners. The Polaris F9550 has a programmable timer and cleaning patterns that can be programmed for up to seven days.
The cleaner has a handheld remote equipped with motion-sensing technology. The Polaris pool cleaner stands out from the rest by its easy lift technology. This feature enables the cleaner to be brought to the surface and automatically evacuate the water resulting in less weight for easy removal.
Polaris F9550 Sport Robotic In-Ground Pool Cleaner Review
Features of Polaris F9550 Sport Robotic In-Ground Pool
The Polaris F9550 is one of the most powerful pool cleaners in the market today. Key features include the aqua-trax tires that allow movement in all pool surfaces.
It is also a four-wheel-drive robot with an appealing design attractive to the users.
Its four-wheel drive technology allows it to clean any kind of pools including ones with steps and steep walls. It has a long cable length up to 70’ long. It has an easy lift system that is remote controlled and therefore easy to remove from the pool.
2- Active motion sensing
Active motion sensing and handheld remote automatically control the cleaner’s location anywhere within the pool.
The remote control enables you to take manual control of the pool at any time. This a great feature when removing those stubborn spots. You just select manual, steer the cleaner to the spot, maintain the position and let the cleaner do its thing.
3- Vortex vacuum technology
Vortex vacuum technology which delivers higher vacuum power compared to other models.
It has a seven-day programmable cleaning cycle, rear water cleaning system and the filter canister is really easy to clean. There’s a dirty canister indicator and solid blade brushes.
Cleaner unit weights of 43.6 pounds
Cleaner dimensions 22×22 x22 inches
60ft power cord
Pros and cons of Polaris F9550 Sport Robotic In-Ground Pool
- Ability to clean any kind of pool terrain including walls corners, steps and pool edges enabled by its four-wheel drive and aqua-trax tires
- Sparkling cleaning enabled by the solid oscillating brushes and vortex vacuum technology
- Easy to clean filter canister with a dirty canister indicator making it simple to clean and know when to clean
- Ability to program a cleaning cycle of up to 7 days makes it flexible to use as you do not have to be there when the cleaner is cleaning the pool
- The easy lift technology allows for easier handling. The easy lift system allows the cleaner to float on the touch of a button and empty the remaining water to make it lighter
- Quiet, fast and efficient
- It is expensive to purchase and maintain. The Polaris F9550 is a little higher than other pool cleaners in the market, and its parts are relatively costly to replace
- The cable cord is a problem to the Polaris F9550 pool cleaner as it gets tangled up making it difficult to use and rendering the remote control partially useless
- On earlier models, the water output/exhaust is at the rear of the cleaner. This has proved to be a flaw in the design, for as the cleaner travels around the pool, fine particles of dirt and debris can blow back into the pool. The resultant effect is that additional cleaning cycles are required to clean the pool fully, adding to the overall pool cleaning time. Fortunately, Polaris has made changes to their design and new models have the water output /exhaust on the top of the cleaner which appears to have resolved the problem
Should I buy a Polaris F9550 Sport Robotic In-Ground Pool Cleaner?
The Polaris pool cleaner is generally an effective and well-manufactured pool cleaner. It offers a variety of features and operational advantages and employs up to date pool cleaning technology. However, there are a few design issues that need to be addressed.
Constant tangling of the power cord is a problem that needs to be fixed. Dirt and debris from the cleaner being blown back into the pool is another significant issue needed to be addressing, which Polaris has in new models. On the positive side, it cleans the pool effectively and can complete a normal-sized pool in two to three hours. The F9550 is reasonably pricey however its features, cleaning performance and technological advancements deliver a neat package.
Want to find out more? See our robotic pool cleaner comparisons here