Dolphin Nautilus Robotic Pool Cleaner
|Dolphin Nautilus Robotic Pool Cleaner
|Robotic Pool Vacuum
|ActivMotion Sensor Technology, Vortex Vacuum Technology, patented 60ft swivel cable, seven-day programmable timer, handheld remote control
Disclaimer: This site is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and as an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
This Dolphin pool cleaner is supplied has everything you need to keep a clean and sparkling pool. It comes with the cleaner body, filters, 60ft swivel power cable, step down transformer, and mains power cable. The Dolphin Nautilus Robotic Pool Cleaner is suitable for both salt or freshwater pools and in-ground pools up to 50ft in length.
Dolphin Nautilus Robotic Pool Cleaner
Features of the Dolphin Nautilus Robotic Pool Cleaner
1- Easy to use
Installing the unit is incredibly simple, just fit the supplied filters into the Dolphin automatic pool cleaner body, plug the swivel power cable into the low voltage socket of the transformer, connect the transformer to a standard wall outlet and the cleaner is ready to go. Once in the pool, turn it on, and watch the cleaner do its thing of cleaning your pool.
When you first place the Dolphin robotic pool cleaner in your pool, it travels a short distance then stops and starts again. But don’t be alarmed, the robot has simply gone into a learning mode. Each pool is different, so the Dolphin pool vacuum needs to investigate the pool to ensure its cleaning functions suit different types of pools.
2- Cleaning time
Depending on the size, depth and how dirty your pool is, the Dolphin pool vacuum may not get your pool looking sparkling clean in one cleaning cycle. The quantity of dirt and debris in the pool will determine how long and number of cleaning cycles required to achieve a sparkling clean pool. As rough guide, the average cleaning time for a regular cleaning cycle should be around two hours.
3- Filter performance
This Dolphin pool robot does an excellent job and as such picks up fine particles of dirt as well as larger particles. But if the filters are not regularly cleaned, this can result in the filters becoming clogged. Clogged filters will reduce the cleaner’s suction power and place extra strain on the suction motor. A recommended practice is when the cleaning cycle is finished, remove the Dolphin Nautilus Robotic Pool Cleaner from the pool, wash down and clean the filters.
The Dolphin Nautilus Robotic pool cleaner is a four-wheel-drive robotic pool cleaner outfitted with Aqua-Trax tires that can be used on all types of pool surfaces.
It runs on low voltage (24 volt) and is programmed to scan your pool.
Its navigation system allows it to clean large pools and the unit’s ActivMotion Sensor Technology is good homing in on the right spots.
It can suck up large debris while maintaining suction using Vortex Vacuum Technology. Its rear water propulsion system allows it to reach under stairs and in tight corners.
It has a patented 60ft swivel cable which prevents cable tangling.
The pool cleaner has a seven-day programmable timer and handheld remote control.
- The Dolphin Nautilus Robotic pool cleaner (like all robot pool cleaners) is a “stand-alone” self-contained pool cleaner and does require connection to the pool’s suction chlorination and sand filter system.
- No clogging of the pools filtration system sand filter and the regular need to backwash.
- Easy removal and replacement of filters for cleaning.
- The Dolphin is cheaper than other brands of robotic pool vacuums.
- Very low noise level
- Climbs the pool walls and edges with ease.
- Has trouble cleaning pool steps
- Misses spots but the remote control will allow you to take control and manually go over those spots.
- Large leaves and twigs tend to get stuck in the intake slots on the bottom of the unit
- When removing the pool cleaner from the pool, dirt and debris from the cleaner have a tendency to fall out of the cleaner back into the pool.
- As the cleaner is reasonably heavy (around 19 pounds), it may be a little difficult to lift out of the pool for some people
- Motor replacement is expensive
Should you buy the Dolphin Nautilus Robotic Pool Cleaner?
Well, it comes to this. If you’re after an inexpensive yet reliable robotic pool cleaner that is easy to use, the Dolphin Nautilus is well-designed and performs well.
It’s easy to set up and requires little attention, apart from the regular cleaning of the filters. However, we’d recommend being careful when removing the cleaner from the pool. Dirt and debris from the cleaner tend to fall back into the pool.
So, when lifting the cleaner from the pool do it close to the pool’s skimmer box so it can be picked up by the pool’s normal suction filter system.
Not sure? Read our guide to finding the best pool cleaner